- This event has passed.
PEDS Grand Rounds: Special UCSF Celebration – EHR Integrated Pediatric Early Warning Signs
October 30, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Speaker for this CME Activity is ARPI BEKMEZIAN, MD.
EHR Integrated Pediatric Early Warning Signs
- Early recognition of clinical deterioration is an important goal of inpatient pediatric medicine. Delays in recognition and intervention increase morbidity and mortality.
- Published early warning scores have limited discriminatory power.
- The EHR has not been leveraged to facilitate accurate identification of patients at risk for deterioration.
- Use of an early warning tool to accurately identify patients at risk for deterioration.
- Improving the discriminatory power of the tool by enhancing its capacity to synthesize vital signs and vital sign changes, exam findings, medical risk factors, and biochemical markers.
- Automation and full integration of the tool into the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Integration of the tool into clinical care and use of the tool to facilitate standardized communication between providers.
Geared to Pediatrics, Family Medicine, and open to all other physician specialties and ancillary services.