- This event has passed.
PEDS Grand Rounds: Common Sports Medicine & Orthopedics
February 9, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Presented by: Robert Morris, MD
Teenagers are increasingly involved in both organized and pick up sports. As a result, there are many more adolescents suffering sports injuries. Sports injuries are seldom a focus of general pediatric training. Common injuries will be discussed including expected mechanism causing the injury, diagnosis, and treatment. Prevention of several common injuries will be discussed along with gender specific concerns.
- Review rehabilitation after sports injury.
- Outline guidelines for sports participation after sports.
- Review the major orthopedic injuries to hip, knee, ankle, and foot.
Perform a hip, knee, ankle, and foot examination
- Review differential diagnosis of back pain in adolescents.
- Confidently examine the back.
- Review common injuries to shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hands.
- Discuss high risk injuries and prevention.