- This event has passed.
Implications of Marijuana Use to Hospital Care
January 24, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
presented by Peter Barelka, MD
The legalization of cannabis is advancing across the United States. Since the science of cannabis is generally not part of today’s medical training, here, healthcare professionals may have an opportunity to close an ‘education gap’ on the science behind cannabis and its implications to clinical hospital care.
- Discuss the historical use of cannabis and the current use in pop culture and political movements.
- Review the available OTC varieties and Rx.
- Outline the biochemistry of Endocannabinoids and their impact on hospital care.
- Analyze the evidence of benefits and of detriments.
- Incorporate new knowledge into practice, including discussions with patients.