- This event has passed.
ED Grand Rounds: Pediatric Neurologic Emergencies
October 3, 2007 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Speaker for this CME Activity is Sonia Partap, MD, MS, FAAP, who will present 4 case scenarios on Pediatric Neurologic Emergencies:
Pediatric Neurologic Emergencies
Case 1: 9 mo girl
- with increasing OFC from 50th to > 95%ile over 6 months.
- development on target
- Presents to ED with vomiting and eye crossing
Case 2: 15 year old boy
- with 2 days of fever, cough, photophobia, and headache
Case 3: 2 day old baby
- presents to new onset lip smacking and apnea.
- The baby is afebrile.
Case 4: 22 mo boy
- present with acute onset of unsteady walking
- No change in mental status
- No nausea or vomiting
- Speech and eye movements normal
- Lurches from side to side when walking and falls frequently
- Unsteady when sitting
- Recognize signs of increased intracranial pressure
- Differentiate peripheral weakness from central weakness
- Identify risk factors for childhood stroke
- Review emergent treatments for status epilepticus for children and infants
Geared to Emergency Department Physicians, Trauma Physicians, OR Physicians, Anesthesiologists, Radiologists, and ancillary clinical staff.